Is this knob and tube? Am I screwed?


I’m trying to update a hanging lighting fixture in my dining room. I switched off the breaker and pulled off the cover to find this rat’s nest. There’s no junction box, cloth sheathing, about 5 extra wires … I couldn’t find anything online that looks like this except maybe knob and tube? I am out of my depth and will definitely hire an electrician but I’m wondering if it’s like lying that I will need to replace the whole run or if it’s still just a fixture swap. album via /r/DIY

Amazon ad

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *