Any suggestion on choosing fasteners for building deck and pergola?
I am from Toronto, Canada. ( For context of availability/weather condition)
I am wondering how do you choose what fastener to use ? There are so many articles and suggestions online that I am confused.
Thinking of building a 10X10 ground level deck and a pergola (on concrete piers). Something looking like this.
I am lost trying to create my shopping list for fasteners. My joists are 2X8 and post is 4X4So far, I know that I will need :
– carriage bolts (to connect joists to post); what type, size ? (thickness, length?) what material ?
– structural screws/nails (I prefer screws). What size (thickness, length) should I get?
– connectors ? Joist hanger ? what else ?
– deck screws (I'd like to use hidden fasteners)? Any specific tool like Marksman Edge needed ?
– Lag screws, do I need them anywhere, instead of structural screws ?
Any suggestion and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted April 06, 2021 at 10:13PM by expressionless-oo
via reddit https://ift.tt/2R8EhKp